JETAASE is having its biannual officer elections this year. All JETAASE members are eligible to run for open positions. Whether or not you're interested in running, please carefully read and follow the election process as described below.
- The Secretary shall attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and shall record the proceedings of such meetings in books to be kept for that purpose and shall perform like duties for any committee of Directors when required.
- The Secretary shall ensure that the minutes of each meeting of the Board of Directors are distributed to each Director.
- The Secretary shall give, or cause to be given, notice of all meetings and shall perform such duties as will be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the President.
- The Secretary shall have custody of the corporate seal of the Corporation, and shall have authority to affix it to any instrument requiring it, and when so affixed it will be attested by the Secretary's signature.
- The Treasurer shall have the custody of the corporate funds and securities and shall keep full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in books belonging to JETAASE and shall deposit all moneys and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of JETAASE in such depositories as will be designated by the board.
- The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of JETAASE as will be ordered by the board, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render to the President and the board, at its regular meetings, or when the board so requires, an account of all transactions as treasurer and of the financial condition of JETAASE.
- The Treasurer shall regularly review the financial policies and procedures of JETAASE with the board.
- The Social Chair (in possible conjunction with a Social Committee) plans approximately one event per month, such as Happy Hours, the Returnee Events, and hanami parties.
- The Social Chair is responsible for maintaining the invite lists and determining how many members are planning to attend.
- The Social Chair works with the treasurer to make sure that everyone has paid for the event if there is a fee.
- The Education Chair plans education-related activities the chapter is involved in, such as Japanese classes, etc.
- The Education Chair leads JET recruiting activities organized by JETAASE.
Timeline of Election Process:
February 27th, 2017: Self nominations will be due via email to email@example.com. Your nomination should include your reason(s) for running and a short self-bio relating to JET and Japan.
March 6th-8th, 2017: JETAASE members will be able to submit ballots during the three day voting period. All JETAASE members will receive a voting form link by email.
The election results will be posted in a future JETAASE newsletter.
Alabama Representative and Event Planners Needed:
JETAASE is looking for a subchapter representative for Alabama. If you are interested in this position or would like more information, please contact us.
* Serve as the main point-of-contact for the Alabama sub-chapter
* Plan and implement activities in a specific geographic area of Alabama;
* Communicate with JETAASE members in Alabama and with the JETAASE Executive Committee
* Participate in leadership activities with the JETAASE Executive Committee
* Request reimbursement for approved expenditures in a timely manner
* Submit information for required activity reports as needed
For those who are not interested in being an officer, we are seeking members who can assist the board with event planning. If you are interested in championing and planning a JETAASE event, please contact us. You do NOT need to be residing in the metro Atlanta area to plan an event!