JETAASE is having its biannual officer elections for 2015. All JETAASE members are eligible to run for open positions. Whether you're interested in running or not, please carefully read and follow the election process as described below.
- The President shall be the chief executive officer of JETAASE, shall have general and active management of the operations of JETAASE, and shall see that all orders and resolutions of the board are carried into effect.
- If there shall be no Chairman of the Board, the President shall preside at all meetings of the board.
- The President shall have the authority and power to execute on behalf of JETAASE bonds, mortgages, notes, contracts, leases and other documents and instruments (whether or not requiring the seal of JETAASE) except where such documents or instruments are required by law to be otherwise signed and executed and except where the signing and execution thereof shall be expressly delegated by the board to some other officer or agent of JETAASE.
- The Vice-President provides both leadership and follow-through on projects, and makes sure that the chapter is fulfilling all its obligation.
- The Vice-President also takes on the duties of the president when the president is unavailable.
- The Treasurer shall have the custody of the corporate funds and securities and shall keep full and accurate accounts of receipts and disbursements in books belonging to JETAASE and shall deposit all moneys and other valuable effects in the name and to the credit of JETAASE in such depositories as will be designated by the board.
- The Treasurer shall disburse the funds of JETAASE as will be ordered by the board, taking proper vouchers for such disbursements, and shall render to the President and the board, at its regular meetings, or when the board so requires, an account of all transactions as treasurer and of the financial condition of JETAASE.
- The Treasurer shall regularly review the financial policies and procedures of JETAASE with the board.
- The Social Chair (in possible conjunction with a Social Committee) plans approximately one event per month, such as Happy Hours, the Returnee Events, and hanami parties.
- The Social Chair is responsible for maintaining the invite lists and determining how many members are planning to attend.
- The Social Chair works with the treasurer to make sure that everyone has paid for the event if there is a fee.
- The Education Coordinator plans education-related activities the chapter is involved in, such as Japanese classes, etc.
- The Education Coordinator assists with recruiting visits to schools and universities.
Timeline of Election Process
March 29th, 2015: Self nominations will be due via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your nomination should include your reason(s) for running and a short self-bio relating to JET and Japan.
March 30th- April 5th, 2015 - JETAASE members will be able to submit ballots during the three day voting period. All JETAASE members will receive a voting form link by email.
April 2015 - The election results will be posted in the JETAASE newsletter.