Security Services Team Specialist
Bilingual in English and Japanese
Customer Services Team
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine’s “Best Managed Security Service” award and Frost & Sullivan’s North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
The Security Services Team Specialist is a critical individual contributor position with the Customer Services Team with high visibility supporting the Asia Pacific Japan region (APJ).
Working in a 24X7 Security Operations Center, the Security Services Team Specialist answers inbound phone calls, addresses customer emails, triages service requests, and provides day to day support for the neighboring teams within Dell SecureWorks’ Security Operations Team. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, assisting customers with issue resolution, updating customer records within a CRM ticketing system, escalating issues on the customer’s behalf to members of the sales and operations organization, and performing routine technical tasks related to the management and monitoring of the services that a customer receives.
- Work in a shift-based schedule within a 24X7 Security operations Center- Be able to work a schedule that encompasses minimally working a weekend day in addition to being available during off-hours as required
- Take ownership of, triage, and update tickets generated by a CRM ticketing system
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with SecureWorks products
- Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. Assess and escalate to next level as needed
- Keep customers abreast of problem status, set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers on a daily basis
- Meet service level agreements regarding response time and customer notification as it pertains to Dell SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services
- Respond to customer requests for assistance on the Dell SecureWorks portal in a timely manner
- Document all communications with customers and intradepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to escalate to next level
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing and escalation of reported problems
- Remotely assist with basic technical support related the management and monitoring of customer security devices; this support will include, but not be limited to, assisting customers with the replacement of defective security devices, setting up read-only accounts to 3rd party management consoles, modifying customer portal account views, etc
- Generate and update technical documentation as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills by documenting all analysis work performed
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
As a managed security provider, Dell SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Japanese language
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of intrusion detection, firewall operations, and other general security practices, Unix/Linux OS and computer network fundamentals
- Working knowledge/experience of network systems, security principles, and applications
- Knowledge of client service principles and commitment to client service
- Knowledge of general software and internet applications
- Experience with a software company or ‘security’ specific previous role
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Interested candidates can apply via the Dell job board.