World Language Instructors
- American Sign Language
Georgia Virtual School is looking for a committed and exceptional language instructors to teach in our program. This link provides more information about the hiring process.
Georgia Virtual School instructors facilitate and support learning for students in virtual classrooms. Students gain access to courses online. These courses are taught by highly qualified teachers via a learning management system. The course content is developed and reviewed by a team of expert staff. More and more students throughout Georgia are choosing Georgia Virtual School as a solution to meet their individual learning needs and to fulfill their college and career readiness goals. With continual growth on the horizon, the Georgia Virtual School is in need of innovative, passionate teachers who are reflective in practice, dedicated to student learning, willing to implement best practices in online education, and demonstrate a disposition indicative of a transformative educator.
· Current and valid Georgia Teaching Certificate
· Candidates for mathematics instructors must be verified in their knowledge of Effective Online Teaching. This course is open and registration is free: https://www.openteachertraining.org/
*Completion of the TOOL requires dedication and perseverance. Serious candidates should consider beginning TOOL as soon as possible.
In addition, successful candidates must have:
· Successful completion of a background check
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently with support
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Effective multi-tasking and time management skills
· Strong work ethic to achieve organization goals
· Ability to motivate students in a distance-learning environment
· An understanding of differentiation and strategies for differentiating in online environments
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 3,600 customers worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong customer service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine’s “Best Managed Security Service” award and Frost & Sullivan’s North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Customer Value Leadership Award, among others.
The Security Services Team Specialist is a critical individual contributor position with the Customer Services Team with high visibility supporting the Asia Pacific Japan region (APJ).
Working in a 24X7 Security Operations Center, the Security Services Team Specialist answers inbound phone calls, addresses customer emails, triages service requests, and provides day to day support for the neighboring teams within Dell SecureWorks’ Security Operations Team. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, assisting customers with issue resolution, updating customer records within a CRM ticketing system, escalating issues on the customer’s behalf to members of the sales and operations organization, and performing routine technical tasks related to the management and monitoring of the services that a customer receives.
- Work in a shift-based schedule within a 24X7 Security operations Center- Be able to work a schedule that encompasses minimally working a weekend day in addition to being available during off-hours as required
- Take ownership of, triage, and update tickets generated by a CRM ticketing system
- Respond to inbound phone and electronic requests for technical assistance with SecureWorks products
- Manage all customer situations in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction. Assess and escalate to next level as needed
- Keep customers abreast of problem status, set clear expectations and provide timely follow-up to customers on a daily basis
- Meet service level agreements regarding response time and customer notification as it pertains to Dell SecureWorks’ Managed Security Services
- Respond to customer requests for assistance on the Dell SecureWorks portal in a timely manner
- Document all communications with customers and intradepartmental constituents related to outstanding technical issues in order to escalate to next level
- Utilize internal guidelines for effective call processing and escalation of reported problems
- Remotely assist with basic technical support related the management and monitoring of customer security devices; this support will include, but not be limited to, assisting customers with the replacement of defective security devices, setting up read-only accounts to 3rd party management consoles, modifying customer portal account views, etc
- Generate and update technical documentation as required.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills by documenting all analysis work performed
- Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
As a managed security provider, Dell SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
- Fluent in English and Japanese language
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of intrusion detection, firewall operations, and other general security practices, Unix/Linux OS and computer network fundamentals
- Working knowledge/experience of network systems, security principles, and applications
- Knowledge of client service principles and commitment to client service
- Knowledge of general software and internet applications
- Experience with a software company or ‘security’ specific previous role
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
· Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
· When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
· Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
· We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
· Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Red Hat Jobs ~ Job ID: 40483
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing technologies that solve business problems. We’re a billion dollar S&P 500 company offering solutions from Linux to middleware, storage to cloud, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services.
Our engineering headquarters, located in Westford, MA, is where Red Hat software engineers collaborate on the development, implementation, and roadmap of our open source product portfolio.
Our Global Support Services (GSS) team is seeking a highly skilled, Japanese-speaking Technical Support Engineer to provide dedicated phone and online support for our Japanese clients. In this role, you'll become an expert on Red Hat technologies, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and our storage and cloud solutions. You'll respond to support requests in Japanese, so an ability to communicate fluently is imperative.
Primary job responsibilities
- Provide technical support to customers by taking incoming calls and responding to web-based inquiries
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for customer issues
- Exceed customer expectations with outstanding service
- Develop relationships with in-house engineers and developers to reach creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction
- Contribute to global Red Hat knowledge management system
- Demonstrated fluency in Japanese, both written and verbal, and excellent English language skills
- 2+ years experience as a technical support or development engineer in an enterprise environment
- Linux systems administration experience (installation, networking, firewall, security, clustering, web servers, and databases using Linux)
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- A passion for problem solving and investigation
- Quality customer service skills and prior help desk or customer-focused experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in computer science; equivalent experience is also considered
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or other Linux certification considered a huge plus, as you'll need to earn RHCE within 60 days of start
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.